About The Futurist
Paola De Luca is the CEO of The Futurist Ltd.
Creative Director and Forecaster born in Rome, moved to New York in the 90’s landing her first job as a jewellery & watches designer launching the Fendi first jewellery collection under the Creative Direction of Karl Lagerfeld and Carla Fendi. She continued with prestigious collaborations under the wing of Fulvia Ferragamo Visconti; as Design Director for Swarovski’s special projects. Global Design Director for UnoAErre , Italian world largest gold exporter in the 90’s as quoted by Forbes Magazine.
In 2002 launched The Jewellery TrendBook the first Forecasting Publication for the Jewellery and Watches industry partnering with CRU GROUP in London.
In 2012 Paola Co-founded TRENDVISION JEWELLERY + FORECASTING, in collaboration with VicenzaOro part of IEG Group. An independent Observatory that focuses on Consumers Culture, Emerging Phenomena, Socio-Cultural shifting; Market Trends focusing on the Jewellers and Watches Industries.
Leads The Futurist Ltd and her international Team of Creative Forces and Specialists, for Strategic projects offering: Research & Foresights Content; Design Thinking and Innovation projects; Educational Training Programs; Think Tank & Workshops; Creative Content for Digital and Hybrid Marketing.
She is Certified on Sustainability and Circular Economy with Cambridge University, obtained a post graduate Diploma in Innovation and Design Thinking by MIT, Master in Digital Strategy by Columbia University.
- MISSION | Supporting breakthrough transformation in the Jewellery and Luxury sectors in the International Scenario with Design Thinking and SIT Methodology
- SERVICES: Strategy Consulting in Innovation and Design Thinking | Research Forecasting Design Directions for the Jewellery & Luxury Sectors
Digital and Hybrid Marketing| Sustainability & Circular Design Culture
- NETWORK | Offering a Team of International Researchers,
Cool Hunters, Designers & Makers, Editors, Photographers & Stylists.
CLIENTS | Government Organisations, Mining Companies,
Trade Shows, Corporations & Brands.
- WORKFOLIO | Co-Founder TRENDVISION JEWELLERY FORECASTING 2012 – Present | Independent Observatory for the jewellery industry part VicenzaOro | Italian Exhibition Group.
- CREATOR OF “THE JEWELLERY TREND BOOK” | First and most authoritative jewellery guide since 2002. Pioneering Trend Forecasting in the Jewellery Industry developing strategic activities for Trade Shows. Re-Thinking the Show layout creating Communities and Buying Trails.
Developing Educational Program, Focus on Foresight and Strategy Publications.
Curating : Yearly Publications, Live Events, Educational Webinars programs, Creative Content for Digital communication.
- THE PLUMB CLUB 2018-2023 | Development of Strategic Projects including Development of proprietary research and related activities. Includes development of Marketing Content for “RADIANT UNIVERSE” Campaign launched at JCK in 2019.
2020-21 Strategic research, product and market strategy for TPC Members & Associated Retailers
- RIO TINTO 2010-16 | Global Design Director, lead an innovative program Bridging Mine-Sight holders- Manufacturers & Consumers. Launch of the Global Campaign a “Diamonds with a Story”. Markets: USA, China, India.
- ALROSA 2018-19 | Strategic Consulting “Luminous Diamonds” Project.
- PGI PLATINUM GUILD INTERNATIONAL 2015-2018 | Strategic Research on Consumers Behaviours, Trends Forecasting for Product Directions, Development of PGI DESIGN BANK
- TJF GROUP 2002-12 | Co-Founder with CRU Group London based Consulting Firm Advising the Jewellery Sector on Strategic Research, Trend Forecasting Brand Development.
- FENDI JEWELLERY & WATCHES 1992-94 | Jewellery Designers, launched first Collection every under the Art Direction of Karl Lagerfeld, and Carla Fendi in New York.
- PAST COLLABORATIONS | Fossil-Giorgio Armani, MIWA-Esprit, Salvatore Ferragamo, Swarovski Design Director, UnoAerre as Global Design Director.
- 2019 “FARAH KHAN: A BEJEWELLED LIFE” Editor In Chief & Curator. RIZZOLI INTERNATIONAL
The FUTURIST was founded by Paola De Luca, Creative Director and Futurist with nearly 3 decades of experience in the Jewellery and Luxury Sector.
We provide specialized knowledge, international experience network, insights, in the luxury and jewellery sectors which are facing historical disruption due to technology, globalization and social cultural shifting. Our Consulting Services provides insight knowledge empowering any business decision for innovative strategy and transformation. The Futurist is specialized in research and analysis, collecting data elaborating strategies, mapping executional support to internal Teams while educating and supporting all transformational stages. Products Design and Directions are our strenght; Consumers culture and market trends research unable to reinforce business decisions.
The Futurist support omni-channel strategies, immersive experiences, in business models, commercial events, new product/new brand, collections.
The Futurist Creative Team design and develops:
be-spoke phygital marketing, supporting all media.
From printed Catalogue to Luxury Books; to developing digital identities. We curate need-specific content; attracting, educating and catering online communities.
- Research & Analysis
- Strategy and Innovation for Business
- International network
- Design Development Cycles & Product Direction
- Branding and Image Development
- Digital Curation and Content Creation
- Editorial projects
- Tailored Web Design
- E-Shopping platforms
- Art Direction & Curation
- Content Creation
- Native Advertising
- PED Editorial Planning
- Digital PR and Influencer Strategy
- Social Media Strategy & Management
- Full Report Analysis
Educational Programs are provided to : Institutions, Organization, private Companies, Think Tank: Design Thinking methodology, Strategy & Innovation, Sustainability & Circular Design. Trend Forecasting methodology. Sectors: Consumer Culture, Emerging Phenomena, Weak Signals, Luxury, Jewellery, Beauty, Interior Design.
Meet the Team
Trusted by leading Brands
Subscribe to our newsletter for free trend insight!